May 28, 2017
Faith, Work and Rest
Faith, Work And Rest
Sabbath, Rest and the Story of God
New Heavens and New Earth
Striving to Enter the Rest of God
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the texts from Sunday. What do you remember most from the teaching? Discuss what stood out to you as you read through the passages this time.
- What do rhythms of work and rest currently look like in your life? Would you say you “rest well”? Why or why not?
- Consider Matthew 11:28-30. What does it mean to work under the “yoke of Christ”? In what way does this reality provide rest for our souls?
- What are some current sources of “rest” in your life that aren’t actually connecting you to the “rest of God”? What makes these sources insufficient and what might you replace them with moving forward?
- What might a healthier practice of rest look like in your life? Consider daily, weekly and seasonal rhythms. Be specific and create some intentional goals in these areas.
- One of the questions posed on Sunday was, “What are you building with your everyday work? Are you pouring yourself out for worldly gain or for the purposes of God?” How would you answer that question?
- Before you pray, share one thing you’d like to take away from this series and apply to your everyday work consistently moving forward. Be specific and then lift these things before God in prayer together.
other sermons in this series