Light of the World
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Acts 13:42–13:52
Freedom in the Gospel
A Mixed Response
Commanded to be Light
DISCIPLESHIP GROUP QUESTIONS
- Read aloud the text from Sunday (Acts 13:42-52). What do youÂ remember most from the teaching?
- On Sunday, freedom was defined as â€œembracing proper constraintsâ€ while having the ability to live within those constraints. Discuss that definition and how it measures up to our cultureâ€™s notion of freedom.
- Can you recall an experience of being freed from something by God? Describe that process in detail. What â€œproper constraintsâ€ did you embrace and in what way were you given fresh empowerment to live within those constraints?
- Read Galatians 5 together. What does this text tell us about living out our freedom in Christ? What is surprising or new to you in this text?
- In what specific ways has maturing in Christ humbled you? In other words, in what areas of your life are you most aware of your need to change and grow?
- Consider your answer to the question above. How might you take steps toward greater freedom in those areas? Be specific, be practical and then create a plan to hold one another accountable to those steps this week.
- In what specific relationships and spheres of life might God be calling you to be a light? End your time by praying together that, in both word and deed, you would find ways to extend the Hope of the gospel to those around you.