Topic: Exposition Scripture: Isaiah 40:12–40:31
Incomparable God: Isaiah 40:12-31
God of Creation (v.v. 12-20)
Who Rules the Nations (v.v. 21-24)
Who Extends Justice and Liberty (v.v. 25-31)
Discipleship group questions
- Read through the text (Isaiah 40:12-31) with your discipleship group, and discuss what stood out most from this Sunday’s sermon.
- How has God met you in seasons of waiting upon him? What was that like, and how did you grow from it?
- Reread Isaiah 40:21-28. Not only is God the creator of all things, but he is also in complete control. How might this bring about comfort amid the chaos of this life (personally, within your family, within our culture and country)?
- Read Matthew 8:23-27 and Isaiah 40:29-31: Jesus’ disciples were afraid that the storm was going to crush them. Jesus used this fear to show them that they really didn’t understand who He was. Where in our lives are we missing God’s authoritative hand? What are the circumstances where we believe God has forgotten us or has dealt unjustly with us? What might it look like to wait upon the Lord in these things?
- Take this time to speak and pray into one another’s circumstances. Be that conduit of God’s grace for one another in your discipleship group by speaking truth where your sister or brother might be believing a lie. Encourage the patience required to walk faithfully with God.