To Be Continued....
January 28, 2018 Speaker: Scott C. Jones Series: Journeying Home
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Isaiah 66:1–24
To be continued … : Isaiah 66:1-24
Trembling at His Word (vv. 1-6)
The Mourning Shall Rejoice (vv. 7-14)
God’s Serious Offer of Salvation or Judgment (vv. 15-24)
Discipleship group questions
- Reread Isaiah 66:1-24. What stood out to you as heard this passage read?
- What will you remember most from our time in Isaiah? What is the greatest encouragement you received? How about the most significant challenge?
- Reread Isaiah 66:2. How would you evaluate yourself in terms of humility and contriteness of spirit? Do you tremble at God’s word? If you don’t feel these things describe you now, has there ever been a time and/or season of life when you more closely reflected this definition of the one to whom God looks? Describe that time and what’s changed since then.
- While we often avoid talk of God’s judgment, it is plainly throughout the Scriptures and especially present in Isaiah. Do you tend to minimize this aspect of Christian faith and doctrine? If so, what do you think you miss out on by doing so? In other words, how might taking seriously the sobering parts of Isaiah 66, motivate you in new ways to faithfulness? Be specific.
- End your time by praying into what you’ve just discussed and God’s overall impact on your life through the prophecy of Isaiah. Answer this question before you pray: what do you most hope to hang on to and apply in your life from Isaiah?
More in Journeying Home
January 21, 2018A Hope - Filled Future
January 14, 2018The people repent: Isaiah 64
January 7, 2018The Servant Brings Freedom & Restoration