Disciples Imitate Wisely
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:10–3:17
Disciples Imitate Wisely: 2 timothy 3:10-17
Wise (and Foolish) Imitation (vv. 10-13)
The Scriptures: Our God-Breathed Standard (vv. 14-17)
Discipleship group questions
- Read 2 Timothy 3:10-17. What stands out to you as you read this passage through together? What do you remember most from Sunday’s teaching?
- Describe yourself by sharing the three people you’ve most closely imitated in your life. Put another way: act as though you’re introducing yourself for the first time by answering the following question: which three people put together best represents who you are and why?
- On Sunday, we talked about the central role of imitation in our lives. Take some time to identify specific things in one another that you find “imitable” … say something like, “What I would most like to imitate about you is …” or “What I admire most about you is …”
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17 again. What role do the Scriptures currently play in your life? What, according to these verses, might be missing in your approach to the Scriptures?
- 2 Timothy 3:12 says, “Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.” Discuss this verse in depth. Do you agree with this verse? Does it bother you? What should we do with such a hard saying?
- End your time by praying confessionally together about the things you’ve been sharing. Then pray for God’s power to visit one another as you pursue repentance and change from God.