Disciples Finish The Race
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 2 Timothy 4:6–4:8
Disciples Finish The Race: 2 Timothy 4:6-8
Poured Out (v. 6)
Living Backwards (v. 7)
The Finish Line (v.8)
Discipleship Group Questions
- Read 2 Timothy 4:6-8 aloud SLOWLY. What stands out to you as you hear this passage read?
- If someone were to ask you what the role of suffering is in the life of a Christian, how would you answer them?
- In what ways are you currently exerting your energies/ambition/focus for something other than “the good fight”? Be specific and honest. What has most led you to that “other” fight (eg—family background, idolatry of some kind, apathy, fear, others, etc.)?
- Read 1 Peter 1:6-7, 2:11-12 and 4:12-13. Notice that each of these mentions Christ’s return as a motivation for endurance in suffering. Explore that logic … in what way does Christ’s return help us endure today? Do you find that helpful or not?
- If you were to truly “live backwards” - with eternity and your lasting legacy primarily in mind—what might you do differently? How might your attitude, posture and mindset change toward various situations in your life? Again, be specific and honest.
- End your time by praying for God to meet you in your current and deepest struggles.