Foundations For Parenting
Speaker: Series: The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness Topic: Topical Passage: Ephesians 6:1–4
Foundations for parenting
Laying a Foundation
Children, a gift from God
Being a Child
It takes a village
Impact of Generations
Family … Signs and Symbols
Discipleship group questions
Launching questions / Challenge
- What are some key memories you have of your parents and how they raised you? What about your grandparents?
- What are some patterns from your family of origin that you’d want to emulate or pass on to your children? What patterns would you prefer to leave behind or transform?
- For those of you who are parents, what are some ways that God has transformed you in the process of raising your kid(s)? What have you learned about yourself?
- Which parenting stories in the Bible do you most relate with?
- How can you model Christ’s love to your children in the current stage of life that they’re in?
- Read Hebrews 10:24-25 – In what ways can you be the ‘village’ for other’s children and encourage/challenge them?
other sermons in this series
Speaker: Mark Twombly Passage: Deuteronomy 6:4–9, Ephesians 6:1–4, Psalm 127, Psalm 128 Series: The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness
Speaker: Scott C. Jones Passage: Isaiah 54:1, Isaiah 56:1–5, Isaiah 53:10, Mark 10:29–31, 1 Corinthians 7:7–8, 1 Corinthians 7:32–34 Series: The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness
Speaker: Scott C. Jones Passage: Genesis 2:20–25, Ephesians 5:21–33, Revelation 19:6–9 Series: The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness