The Gospel at Home: Practical Wisdom for Singleness
Speaker: Scott C. Jones Series: The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness Topic: Topical Passage: Isaiah 54:1, Isaiah 56:1–5, Isaiah 53:10, Mark 10:29–31, 1 Corinthians 7:7–8, 1 Corinthians 7:32–34
Practical wisdom for singleness:
Singleness and the Story of God
The Dignity and Opportunity of Singleness
Practical Wisdom from our Community
Discipleship group questions
- What was the single most compelling piece of advice and/or most insightful thing you heard from either the panel or the teaching on Sunday?
- Read Mark 10:29-31 aloud together. How would you restate the promise Jesus is making to His followers in this passage? Have you experienced God’s faithfulness to this promise in your own story?
- For those who are single: speak to your D Group about your own experience as a single person in our community. How was it been hard for you? In what ways have you experienced your singleness as a blessing?
- Discuss what it might look like to practically break the barriers between married and single people in our church, in your MC and/or in your D Group. Be practical and suggest solutions that you yourself might be able to enact.
- End your time by reflecting on the most significant encouragement and challenge you’ve each received over these past two weeks as we’ve been focusing on marriage and singleness. Then pray into what you’ve shared.
other sermons in this series
Speaker: Mark Twombly Passage: Deuteronomy 6:4–9, Ephesians 6:1–4, Psalm 127, Psalm 128 Series: The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness
Speaker: Scott C. Jones Passage: Genesis 2:20–25, Ephesians 5:21–33, Revelation 19:6–9 Series: The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness
Passage: Ephesians 5:21–33, 1 Corinthians 7:1–9 Series: The Gospel at Home: Marriage, Parenting and Singleness