Discipleship in The Light
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 John 1:1–1:4
Discipleship in the light: 1 John 1:1-4
The Meaning of the Incarnation
Fellowship with God
Discipleship group questions
- Read 1 John 1:1-4 aloud together. What stands out to you from this passage? What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday?
- Read Philippians 2:5-11 aloud together. If someone asked you why it was significant that God became human, how would you answer them?
- Have you ever experienced “fellowship with God”? What does that phrase call to mind in your own story? How would you describe your relationship with God now? How has it changed over time? For better or worse or just different?
- Why do you think John’s joy was only completed insofar as others were experiencing fellowship with God? Do you resonate with this idea? Why or why not?
- End your time by sharing if (and in what ways) you’d like to see change in your relationship with God … then pray for one another according to what’s shared by each person.