Discipleship In The Light: 1 John 1:5-10
July 1, 2018 Series: Discipleship In The Light
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 John 1:5–10
Discipleship in the light: 1 John 1:5-10
God is Light
We Are How We Live
Confession as a Means of Grace
The Consequences of Pride
Discipleship group questions
- Read 1 John 1:5-10 aloud together. What stands out to you from this passage? What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday?
- Read Ephesians 5:1-14 aloud together. What does it mean that we are children of light? What does it mean to be light?
- Have you ever experienced the “light” of confession? Share that experience with your discipleship group. How did you feel afterward?
- Why is there fear that accompanies confession? What are some things that give you pause before confessing sin?
- What are some areas of your life that you are hiding from the light and covering with darkness? Confess them to your discipleship group and ask for help in changing.
- Having darkness exposed by light can often be painful, but it is good. Allow the members of your discipleship group to speak freely into your life, so that they might expose any darkness that you might be unaware of. Listen to them so you can change.
More in Discipleship In The Light
September 2, 2018Discipleship In The Light: 1 John 5: 1-21
August 26, 2018Discipleship In The Light: 1 John 4:7-21
August 19, 2018Discipleship In The Light: 1 John 3:11-24