Discipleship In The Light: 1 John 2:28-3:3
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 John 2:28–3:3
Discipleship in the light: 1 John 2:28-3:3
Born Again (with a Family Resemblance) (vv. 28-29)
Truth on Fire (v. 1)
Passing In … (vv. 2-3)
Discipleship Group Questions
- Read 1 John 2:28-3:3 aloud together. What stands out to you from this passage? What do you remember most from Sunday’s teaching?
- When was the last time you felt “truly alive”? Could that experience have been a foretaste of what’s to come when we see Jesus “as he is” (v.2)? Why or why not?
- Read 1 John 2:28-29 again. Where do you see evidence in each other’s lives of a “family resemblance” to the Righteous One? Put in plainer language: how do you see one another practically growing in “practicing righteousness”?
- Read 1 John 3:1 again. Can you describe a time when the truth of the Gospel came alive for you? Consider experiences in the midst of worship and/or times when another believer’s actions or words allowed God’s truth to go from mere head knowledge to affecting your heart/emotions.
- Do you ever think about what awaits us in the age to come? Why or why not? What merit do you think such contemplation has in the Christian life? Do you think it’s necessary to periodically consider the promises of the age to come? Why or why not?
- End your time by praying for individual needs that have been expressed through your discussion.