Discipleship In The Light: 1 John 3:4-10
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 John 3:4–3:10
Discipleship in the light: 1 John 3:4-10
Nature of Sin
Nature of God’s Children
“Neither Do I Condemn You … Go and Sin No More …”
Discipleship group questions
- Read 1 John 3:4-10 aloud together. What stands out to you from this passage? What do you remember most from Sunday’s teaching?
- How would you respond to the following question: “If a Christian knows that God will always forgive them, why can’t you just keep on sinning?”
- On Sunday we said that properly understanding the true nature of sin— its destructive force and demonic origin—is essential to battling sin in our lives. Does this resonate with your own struggle against sin? What biblical/theological truths and/or practical strategies have been most effective in your own story? Be specific and spend a good portion of your discussion on this question
- Take an honest look at the current state of your faith. Would you say there are ways in which you are “practicing sin” (ie—grown apathetic or negligent toward areas of struggle in your life)? If so, take this opportunity to confess that to one another.
- End your time by actively returning to Christ through prayerful repentance.