Discipleship In The Light: 1 John 5: 1-21
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 John 5:1–:21
Discipleship in the light: 1 John 5:1-21
Let's not forget:
The Gracious Gospel (v.1-5)
The Grandeur of Jesus (v.6-12)
Our Glorious Inheritance (v.13-20)
To Guard Ourselves (v.21)
Discipleship Group questions
- Read 1 John 5:5 aloud together. This passage says that the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God conquers the world. James says that the demons believe there is one God. How are these two examples of belief different?
- Why is the new birth so important for the Christian? How does the new birth relate to repentance and faith?
- Why should we maintain a connection between God's love and His commands? What is the danger of separating them?
- How does Jesus' baptism reveal Him as the Son of God/ why did Jesus need to be baptized?
- Why is a person's present testimony of Jesus just as important or more important than their remembering a past experience?
- Do you consider obedience a joy or a burden? Why so? What can you do to make it more of a joy?
- What does it mean for believers to have conquered the world? What role does faith play?
- What does it mean for the Son to be eternal life? Where does Jesus claim this for Himself?
- How can believers have victory over sin if they still commit sin?