Ruth 2:17-23 The Power of Hesed
October 28, 2018 Speaker: Scott C. Jones Series: Ruth: A Redemption Story
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Ruth 2:17–23
Ruth 2:17-23 The power of Hesed
The Persistent Reality of Grief and Loss
Hesed - God’s Healing Balm (vv. 17-19)
The Cycle of Hesed (vv. 20-23)
Discipleship Course Reflection Questions
Day 1- Read Ruth 1:19-21
- Have you ever felt grief so deeply that you felt it changed your identity?
- Can you see God’s hand in that situation in hindsight? Offer your response as a prayer to God.
Day 2- Read Ruth 2:17-23
- The overflowing of hesed to Naomi brings hope into her story. Have you ever experienced grace from others in a difficult season? Have you ever considered that as a blessing ultimately from the hand of God?
Day 3- Read Psalm 22:1-11
- What words or phrases resonate most with you? In what ways do you hear hope attempting to break through the Psalmist’s despair?
Day 4- Read Psalm 22:25-31
- What here suggests how the Psalmist was able to find hope in his pain?
- Consider reaching out to your Spiritual Companion today.
Day 5- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Meditate on the words of this verse and allow the Spirit to show you the ways in which this reality is true in your own story.
- Pray these things back to God.
More in Ruth: A Redemption Story
November 25, 2018Ruth 4:17-22: The Faithfulness of Our Surprising God
November 18, 2018Ruth 4:11-16 Redemption: Restored & Sustained
November 11, 2018Ruth 3:14 - 4:10: The Cost and Motive of Redemption