Luke 1:1 - 45: Preparing the way of The Lord
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 1:1–1:45
Luke 1:1-45: Preparing the Way of the Lord
And Can It Be … ? (vv. 5-25)
Let It Be to Me … (vv. 26-45)
Discipleship Guide and Reflection Questions
- Reading this week: Luke chapters 3 and 4
- Questions for Reflection/Discussion:
- Consider the Father’s words to Jesus in 2:22. How did this commendation/affirmation of Jesus’ “true self” prepare Jesus for His temptation in the wilderness? How might God’s declaration over you in Christ —as a beloved, forgiven, adopted, cleansed child— similarly equip you for life’s temptations and struggles? Be specific and practical
- What surprises you most about Jesus’ response to the temptations in chapter 3? What practical instruction for our own lives can we glean from His example?
- In 3:10-14 John the Baptist enumerates specific actions of repentance the crowd might take in order to prepare properly for the Lord’s coming. What areas of change might he have highlighted if he were talking directly to you?
- Discuss how you’re progressing with your “Rule of Life.”
More in Luke: Encountering Jesus, The Origin Story
February 10, 2019Luke 4:1-30: "The Spirit of The Lord is upon me..."
January 13, 2019Luke 4:1-13: “IF YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD …”
January 6, 2019Luke 3:1-22: Preparing The Way for The Beloved Son