Luke 3:1-22: Preparing The Way for The Beloved Son
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 3:1–3:22
Luke 3:1-22: Preparing the way for the Beloved Son
Prepare the Way of the Lord (vv. 1-6)
Defining Repentance (vv. 7-14)
The Power for and Cost of Repentance (vv. 15-20)
The Beloved Son (vv. 21-22)
Our Response - Living from Belovedness
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
- Reading this week: Luke chapters 13 and 14
- Questions for Reflection/Discussion:
- Consider Jesus’ description of the Kingdom in Luke 13:18-21. What encourages you about the disparity between the apparent smallness/insignificance of the seed/leaven and their eventual widespread growth and impact? How does this contradict how we normally think about impact and significance in our world?
- What seems small and insignificant in your own life right now? Discuss how God might use your faithfulness in that area for impact beyond what you can see now.
- Reread Luke 13:12-33. What challenges you most in Jesus’ words here? Be specific about what convicts you most. What practical steps could you take to embody Jesus’ call in these verses?
- Discuss how you’re progressing with your “Rule of Life.”
More in Luke: Encountering Jesus, The Origin Story
February 10, 2019Luke 4:1-30: "The Spirit of The Lord is upon me..."
January 13, 2019Luke 4:1-13: “IF YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD …”
December 23, 2018Luke 2:22-38: Songs of Anticipation