Topic: Exposition Scripture: Romans 15:5–15:7
A Clear and Present Need
The Challenge and Gift of Hospitality
Concerns and Next Steps ...
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
- Reading this week: Luke 14:7-35
This week we will pause briefly from our normal “reading plan” to consider Jesus’ own teaching on hospitality (the topic we discussed this past Sunday)
- Questions for Reflection/Discussion:
- Point out the ways in which you’ve been positively impacted by the hospitality of others. What about these experiences stands out?
- What encouragement did you receive from the teaching and/or panel event this past Sunday?
- What are your current objections to living a life of intentional hospitality? Is the main barrier time? Busyness? Pressure to entertain? Isolation? Walk each other through these concerns and how you might address them together.
- What stands out to you in the passage above regarding Jesus’ teaching on what hospitality means in His kingdom? What surprises you most? What challenges you most?
- Discuss how you’re progressing with your “Rule of Life” and how your rule of life might be impacted by new rhythms of hospitality.
More in Faithful to the Core - 2019
December 29, 2019Luke 1:25-56 She Went With Haste: Mary's Magnificat
February 3, 2019Thoughtfully Engaged: Out of Many, One
January 27, 2019Vision Sunday: Who We Are and Where We Are Going...