Luke 5:1-11, 27-32: The Call to Discipleship
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 5:1–5:11, Luke 5:27–5:32
Luke 5:1-11, 27-32: The call to Discipleship
The Call of Jesus and the Response of a Disciple (vv. 1-11)
The Scandalous Grace of God (vv. 27-32)
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
- Reading this week: Luke chapters 23 and 24
- Questions for Reflection/Discussion:
- Read through these chapters and meditate upon the character and heart of Jesus that emerges from these scenes. What stands out most to you?
- What changes in your response when you consider the reality that Jesus chose these events, in part, for you? Do you experience love, appreciation, shame, confusion, fear, joy or some combination of these things? As best you can, describe what it is in this section that draws out that response.
- What do you think would have been most powerful to you if you’d been present for any of Jesus’ appearances in Luke 24?
- With whom do you most identify in these chapters and why?
- Take some time to discuss how you did with your “Rule of Life” during this break. What did you learn in your pursuit and what do you hope to maintain and/or change moving forward?