Luke 6:20-26: Blessings and Woes
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 6:20–6:26
Luke 6:20-26 Blessings and Woes
A New Moses (v.v. 12-19)
Unexpected Blessings (v.v. 20-23)
Unexpected Woes (v.v. 24-26
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
This week, we will begin talking about how we can cultivate healthy relationships. The Community Temperature Reading is one method we can use. This is a foundational tool that will help us build healthy rhythms through honest communication with others. In Luke 6, we see the care that Jesus has for the poor and needy, and the words of warning for those who are in positions of power and influence. This Jesus invites us into real relationship with him. Slow down this week to make time to build your relationship with the living God.
Day 1- Read Psalm 100
- Look back on your own story. What in your story reminds you of the faithfulness of the Lord?
- Take time to express your thanksgiving to God.
Day 2- Read Exodus 15:11-21
- When God rescued his people by parting the Red Sea, the people of God stopped and worshipped God.
- What moves you to worship and awe of God?
Day 3- Read Philippians 4:5-7
- Because of Jesus, we have freedom to go before God with our requests. What are the things you want to see God do in your life? In your family? In our church? Bring those requests before the Lord.
Day 4- Read Isaiah 1:15-19
- The Word of God calls us to confess our sins and promises that God is faithful to forgive (1 John 1:9). Take time today to confess your sin to God.
- Thank God for his forgiveness in Jesus.
Day 5- Read Revelation 21:1-4
- As the people of God, we look forward to the day when this is our reality.
- What in this passage is most encouraging to you? Express to God why that is.