Luke 6:27-36: Love Your Enemies?!?!
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 6:27–6:36
LUKE 6:27-36: LOVE YOUR ENEMIES?!?!
Vision & Values
The Golden Circle
What Love is/What it isn’t (v.27-31)
How not to Love others (v.32-34)
Why God calls us to Love (v.31,35-36)
Lacord’s Exchange Principle (v.30-31,36)
Discipleship Guide and Reflection Questions
This week, we are examining how mind-reading and expectations affect our relationships. Relationships can grow distant because of unspoken, unconscious, unrealistic, and un-agreed upon expectations. Jesus challenges us in Luke to love extravagantly, as he does, and engage with conflict in a healthy way. Expectations can also affect our relationship with God. We can have untrue expectations of who God is and what he does. God demonstrates his kindness to us by making himself known through his Word. Take time this week to be silent before God, and reflect on who he is.
Day 1- Read Exodus 15:1-18
- What do God’s actions reveal about his character?
- What in your life do you need to entrust to a faithful God?
Day 2-Read Philippians 2:1-11
- Jesus demonstrates extravagant love through his humility and obedience on the cross. How does Christ’s humility challenge you to love others selflessly?
- Spend some time thanking God for the gift of his Son.
Day 3- Read Colossians 1:15-23
- Christ is preeminent, or greater than all things. This Christ enters into a broken world so that we might know him.
- How does this truth give you confidence to bring your requests to God?
Day 4- Read Isaiah 6:1-7
- The holiness of God moves the angels to worship and Isaiah to repentance.
- Spend some time reflecting on the holiness of God. Respond in worship and repentance.
Day 5- Read Exodus 34:5-7
- What in the name of the LORD encourage you? What challenges you?
- Express that to the LORD in prayer.