Luke 8:4-15: The Parable of The Sower
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 8:4–8:15
Luke 8:4-15: The Parable of the Sower
The Purpose of Parables
“Now the Parable is This …”
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
- Reread the text from Sunday (Luke 8:4-15). What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday?
- Can you think of a parable that has held particular meaning for you in your walk of faith? Explain why that parable stays with you.
- On Sunday, we said that the parables give us lenses for seeing and understanding the countercultural, upside-down nature of the kingdom of God. If someone were to ask you how the Kingdom of God is different from the world, how might you respond?
- Which of the soils do you most resonate with in terms of how you receive the activity and instruction of God? Be specific and honest in your response.
- Pray specifically for one another that you would embody the description of the “good soil” in v. 15.
More in Luke: Parables of Jesus
June 23, 2019Luke 19:11-27 - Stewardship in The Life of a Disciple
June 16, 2019Luke 18:1-14 The Prayer Parables
June 9, 2019Luke 15:1-32 Lost. Found. Joy. Repeat?