Luke 14:1-24 Who Will Eat Bread in The Kingdom of God?
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 14:1–14:24
Luke 14:1-24 Who Will Eat Bread in the Kingdom Of God?
They’re Always Watching (vv. 1-6)
To Those Who Were Invited (vv. 7-11):
Invitation Revoked (v.v. 12-24)
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
- Reread the text (Luke 14:1-24). What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday?
- If someone asked, “What is it that Jesus invites us to?” How would you answer that question?
- In this parable, Jesus envisions the call to discipleship as an invitation to a banquet. How does that image change the way you normally think about obedience and cross-bearing?
- Reread Luke 14:12-14. How does Jesus’ explicit command specifically challenge you? Be as practical in your response as possible.
- Reconsider the objections raised in vv. 18-20 to the invitation offered. What frivolous and “legitimate” excuses do you most often give to avoid the invitation to discipleship and specific obedience in your life?
- With whom are you most uncomfortable getting proximate? Why so? How does Jesus’ call in this teaching challenge your posture toward those “others”?
More in Luke: Parables of Jesus
June 23, 2019Luke 19:11-27 - Stewardship in The Life of a Disciple
June 16, 2019Luke 18:1-14 The Prayer Parables
June 9, 2019Luke 15:1-32 Lost. Found. Joy. Repeat?