Luke 9:28-36 Jesus: Son of God, Chosen One
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 9:28–9:36
Luke 9:28-36 — Jesus: Son of God, Chosen One
Jesus: Fulfillment of the Old/Promise of the New
Jesus: Son of God, Chosen One
Our Response: Listen to Him!
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
- Reread the text from Sunday (Luke 9:28-36). What do you remember most from the teaching?
- Can you remember a time when a truth you “knew” about God became real to you, when belief became experience? Describe that story and the impact it had on you.
- As a group, find as many things as you can that point back to the story of the Old Testament in this scene. What do you think we are supposed to learn from all of that imagery surrounding this revelation of Jesus?
- Read the story just prior to this scene (9:23-27). Why do you think the transfiguration directly follows Jesus’ call to cross-bearing discipleship? What does that tell us about the impact this story is meant to have on us? Be specific.
- If you knew that Jesus’ ultimate victory was an absolute certainty, how would that change the way you’re living currently? Be specific and courageously honest in your answers.
- End your time by praying for one another to believe and live into the glorious truths of this passage.