Luke 19:28-44 - Jesus: King of (True and Lasting) Glory and Peace
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 19:28–19:44
Luke 19:28-44 — Jesus: King of (True and Lasting) Glory and Peace
Confusion of the Crowds & the Restraint of Jesus
“The Things that Make for Peace …”
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
- Reread the text from Sunday (Luke 19:28-44). What do you remember most from the teaching?
- Can you recall the biggest misconception you had about God and/or Jesus that has been changed over time? How so?
- The “crowds” saw Jesus as the bringer of political breakthrough and economic prosperity. How was Jesus’ agenda both different and better than the crowd’s expectations?
- What misguided expectations of Jesus might you currently be living with? How have those impacted your faith of late?
- What truths about Jesus - and His purposes for your life—could replace the misguided expectations you’ve just identified? Be specific in your response.
- Jesus says that stones cry out in the absence of praise … don’t let the stones do your work! Tell each other specific ways that you’ve seen God’s faithfulness at work in your life this past week. Then turn those reports into prayerful praise together.