Luke 22:39-53 - Jesus in the Garden
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 22:39–22:53
Luke 22:39-53 — Jesus in the Garden
The Agony of Jesus- “Not My Will …”
“This is your hour and the power of darkness …”
DISCIPLESHIP GUIDE & REFLECTION QUESTIONS
- Reread the text from Sunday (Luke 22:39-53). What stood out most to you as you heard this passage read aloud? What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday?
- What do you think we are supposed to learn from the Gospels’ report of Jesus’ time in the Garden of Gethsemane?
- What does it mean to you personally that Jesus was in agony the night before he was crucified?
- In what areas of your own life might you need to pray the prayer of Jesus: “Not my will, but yours be done”? Be specific and courageous in your response.
- Consider again the warnings of Jesus in Luke 22:40 and 46. What most draws you away from following Jesus into difficulty, risk-taking and suffering? End your time by praying for one another as Jesus commanded us in this passage.