Luke 23:32-43 - Jesus, Crucified King
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Luke 23:32–23:43
Luke 23:32-43 — Jesus, Crucified King
The Irony of the Cross
Our Response to the Cross
DISCIPLESHIP GUIDE & REFLECTION QUESTIONS
- Reread the text from Sunday (Luke 23:32-43). What stood out most to you as you heard this passage read aloud? What do you remember most from the teaching on Sunday?
- If someone asked you: “so why did Jesus have to die?” how would you answer?
- What details about the crucifixion speak most powerfully to you and why? Put another way: what do you find most compelling about Jesus in this scene?
- Read Romans 8:31-39 together. What’s the logic of this passage?
- End your time in honest and open confession of sin. Be specific in how you’ve fallen short this week. In so doing, you both acknowledge the necessity of Jesus’ sacrifice in this passage, while also availing yourself of the forgiveness offered by Jesus to the criminal and, in turn, to you. Be courageous in your repentance together. Maybe even reread the passage before moving into prayers of confession.