Sunday Content - May 3, 2020
Reflection + Discussion Questions
Consider what it might mean for you to return to/ “be the church” this week by calling a friend (or two) and discussing the following questions/prompts together:
- Is there a specific sin you’ve been struggled with that you need to confess to me now?
- Once you’ve confessed your sin, read 1 John 1:7-10 aloud together and then pray for one another
- What struggles, frustrations, doubts or confusion can we take, in lament, to God together right now? Discuss briefly and then pray an honest lament to God on one another’s behalf.
- How has the family of Jacob’s Well (your Community Care Group and/or the wider church community) changed you (your view of God, your perspective on others, etc.)? Are you engaging well with your CCG right now?
- Lastly, how might God be seeking to “send you” on mission this week. Name specific neighbors (literal neighbors, co-workers, organizations/ministries you’re connected to, etc.) and name specific ways you can bless them this week. Make a simple plan to hold one another accountable (maybe send a text this Thursday to see what steps you’ve taken in this direction).
End your time with a simple prayer asking for God’s help in “being the church” this week.
Scripture Practice for this Week
This week we would encourage you to work through some beautiful passages in Ephesians – underlining or highlighting the specific things it says about the Church and its calling in the world.
DAY ONE: Ephesians 2:11-16
DAY TWO: Ephesians 2:17-22
DAY THREE: Ephesians 3:7-13
DAY FOUR: Ephesians 4:1-6
DAY FIVE: Ephesians 4:7-16