Sunday Content - May 10
Reflection and Discussion
- Read Ephesians 2:1-10 aloud together. What word or phrase stands out most to you and why?
- When was the last time you can remember confessing your sin to someone else? Describe that experience.
- Do you find it difficult to confess your sin to another? What specific things make it difficult for you to do so?
- Discuss the image of sin as a dragon. Does that resonate in your experience? How so?
- Read 1 John 1:5-10 aloud together. Is there sin which you need to confess now in order to experience the promises in this text?
- End your time with a simple prayer asking for God’s help in taking your personal sin and the power of sin seriously this week.
Scripture Practice for this Week
This week we would encourage you to work through some powerful passages related to the forgiveness of sin – underline or highlight words or phrases that particularly move you from these passages.
DAY ONE: Psalm 32:1-7
DAY TWO: Psalm 51:1-6
DAY THREE: Psalm 51:7-19
DAY FOUR: 1 John 1:5-10
DAY FIVE: James 4:1-10