Sunday Content - May 17
Reflection and Discussion
- What role does our future hope in the “resurrection of the body” and the “life everlasting” play in your own walk of faith (if any)?
- Read Revelation 21:1-5 aloud together. What word or phrase stands out most to you and why?
- Have you ever seen an example of someone who “grieved with hope”? Describe that experience and its impact on you.
- Recite and reflect upon the Apostles’ Creed one last time and respond to the simple questions below:
(FIRST, recite the Creed together …)
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth,
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended to the dead; on the third day He rose again;
He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father;
He will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church,
The communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
- What has most encouraged you from this series (something specific from one of the weeks, something more general about walking through the Creed, etc.)?
- What has most challenged you from this series?
- End your time by praying for God’s help to live the words of this Creed both individually and corporately.
Scripture Practice for this Week
This week we would encourage you to be reading and praying through the Psalms, as we prepare for a new series in this wonderful songbook of God’s people. Praying the Psalms is quite simple … read the words of the Psalm and note any phrases, words, truths, or images that especially stand out to you. Then turn your response into a prayer.
DAY ONE: Psalm 1
DAY TWO: Psalm 2
DAY THREE: Psalm 3
DAY FOUR: Psalm 4
DAY FIVE: Psalm 5