Sunday Content - April 26
Reflection + Discussion Questions
- Read John 14:18-27 aloud together … read slowly. Note all of the things Jesus says the Spirit will do in the life of His followers. What aspect of the Spirit’s work feels most needed in your life right now?
- Spend some time praying for the Spirit’s help with your answer to question 1. Begin with a minute of silence. Then pray. Then end with two additional minutes of silence.
- Read Paul’s list of the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23. Which of these do you think God is most actively cultivating in your life through this season? How so?
- Read Paul’s list of the gifts of the Spirit in Romans 12:6-8. Without overthinking it, what spiritual gift might God be asking you to use for the good of others during this season? Be practical with your response … what might that look like? Set some goals, make an actual plan to bless others this week.
- End your time with prayers of response to what you’ve discussed in this time.
Scripture Practice for this Week
This week we would encourage you to work through the following passages, noting (ie – underlining or highlighting) the specific work of the Holy Spirit described in each.
DAY ONE: John 16:5-15
DAY TWO: Romans 8:1-11
DAY THREE: Romans 8:12-17
DAY FOUR: Romans 8:26-30
DAY FIVE: Galatians 5:16-26