And He Shall Be Called, Advent Week 1
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Matthew 1:18–1:25
Reflection + Discussion Questions
1. Take some time to specifically name the ways in which Jesus hassaved you. Turn your thoughts into a prayer of gratitude.
- For your consideration: Where would you be without him? What did he rescue you out of when you first put your trust in Him? What difference has Jesus’ presence in your life made, etc.?
2. Now consider what sins Jesus might actively be saving you from rightnow. Turn your reflections into a prayer of repentance.
- For your consideration: What patterns of behavior is the Spirit convicting you of recently? Are there ungodly thoughts, resentments, unforgiveness that may need to be confessed, etc?
3. Finally, consider the saving work of Jesus yet to come. Turn your reflections into a prayer of hope for Jesus’ Second Coming.
- For your consideration: What healing, renewal or restoration do you most long for when Jesus returns?