Joy and Generosity in Mission
Tis the Season (Hebrews 13:5-6 ; 1 Timothy 6:6-8)
But Scrooge Doth Live (1 Timothy 6:9,10)
Where Generosity Begins...
A Gracious and Generous God
Generosity —> Love/Gratitude —> Generosity
God's Gift to Us - The Call to Generosity
- Worship is Clarified (Matthew 6:24)
- A Blessing to us (Acts 20:35)
- A Participatory Grace (2 Cor. 8:7)
Our Practice at Jacob's Well
Growing in Knowledge
- List together all the ways you can think of that our God is generous.
- Generosity flows out of a grateful heart to God. How does your generosity reflect your love for Christ?
Feeling Life Deeply
- Does the idea of giving bring feelings of joy to your soul? Concern? Fear? What are some of the reasons that make you hesitate in being generous?
- Do you find it easier to give time or money? Why is giving of ourselves and our resources important?
Living with Courage
- Do you have a commitment to give regularly, generously and with joy to our local mission at Jacob’s Well?
- Many of us cannot give because we do not live within our means. A first step in generosity is living with focus and on a budget. Where do you need help here? If you need financial counsel, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.