November 24, 2013 Speaker: Reid S. Monaghan Series: South Park Jesus
Topic: Topical Scripture: Colossians 2:13–2:15
Victory, Winning and Keeping Score
Victory in Culture
Victory in the Scriptures
Jesus Wins by Making Peace
Through the Gospel of Grace
Romans 5:1-11, Ephesians 2:11-17
Jesus Makes Peace Through Victory
Trouncing Every Enemy
To the Glory of God
Growing in Knowledge
- Where is the battle brought to us in this world? Read 1 John 2:15-17, James 1:12-15 and 1 Peter 5:6-11.
- Read 1 John 5:1-5, Colossians 2:8-15 and Ephesians 6:10-20. Apply these passages to specific temptations and feelings of defeat. How does Jesus’ victory on the cross affect the way we face trials, temptations and difficulties now?
Feeling Life Deeply
- Do you ever feel defeated rather than victorious? Describe that feeling? What do you do when you get there? Do you withdraw further from God or draw near? Withdraw from the gospel community or draw near?
- Read together the following selections of wisdom from the Old Testament: Proverbs 21:31 and 24:6. Discuss how God’s power and community are essential to our battle with the world, the flesh and the devil.
Living with Courage
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:54-57. How should this inform our hearts when we feel afraid? Afraid to witness, to do what is right, help someone when it seems risky etc.?
More in South Park Jesus
November 17, 2013Christus Redemptor
November 10, 2013Christus Exemplar
November 3, 2013Christus Vicarious