The King's Speech for the King's Fam
Topic: Topical Scripture: 2 Corinthians 4:1–4:18
The Kings Speech so far
THE FAMILY BUSINESS
2 Corinthians 4:1-18
Many metaphors for the church
Body ___________ & ___________
1 Timothy 5:1-8
THE NATURE OF THE FAMILY
THE KINGS SPEECH FOR THE KINGS FAMILY
God’s not training wheels to my ethical life
He's the _____________ of a _____________ of ______________
PITFALLS FOR THE FAMILY
- Explain why we can and should read the Sermon on the Mount and the ethical commands of Jesus as individuals AND as a community. How is this teaching for “me” and for “us?”
- Do you look at the church as a dispenser of religious goods and services or as a family to contribute to?
- How would you feel about “the church” if you recognized it as your family? How would you treat it differently? [Note: this is not a call for an answer “I’d be nicer to people”]
- Do you have high or low expectations of the church family? Where are they too high? Too low? Why?
- How have you been hurt by Christians? What do you do with that? How have we neglected life in community because of past pains or perceptions?
- How does our church NEED your individuality but needs it IN community?