King of Future
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Matthew 6:24–6:35
THE FOUNDATION: WORRY ON TRIAL (6:25)
THE __________ OF WORRYING _____________ & ______________ THINGS (6:25-26)
If god does a greater thing for us, He will also to lesser things.
The _____________ of worrying (v.27)
The _____________ of worrying (v.30)
1. Those who care too ___________
2. Those who care too ___________
What consumes your _____________, consumes your ______________” THE ____________ FROM
WORRYING: DISTINCTIVE LIVING (31-32)
THE ___________ OF THE MATTER (6:32B-33)
ABOLISHING WORRY (6:34)
COMMUNITY MEDITATION QUESTIONS
- When you worry what are some of your symptoms? In other words, if you were worrying about something, right now, how could those closest to you know it (spouse, MC, etc.)?
- It was said: “What consumes your mind, also consumes your heart.” What is consuming your mind and heart this week? Why?
- Is there any comfort in the following words: “…and your heavenly Father knows that you need them [material possessions/necessities]. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you”? If so, how? If not, why?
- What is meant by the term “kingdom of God”? How did you understand it before Sunday? How do you understand it now? What questions do you still have concerning it?
- What does Jesus mean when He says: “Therefore don’t worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” To what extent should we concern ourselves with tomorrow’s troubles? Why or why not?
- Read Joshua 1:1-9. In what ways is God calling you to live more courageously this week? In what ways is God asking you to be “strong and courageous” at home, work, school, etc.?
- Read Proverbs 20:24. When are you most often tempted to distrust God concerning your future?
- Take some time to pay attention to nature. In what ways do you see God’s hand of provision? As a result, how can you take greater comfort in God’s personal provision in your own life?