Topic: Exposition Scripture: Matthew 7:12–7:14
REVIEW AND INTRODUCTION
The home stretch ahead
THE DOWN, DOWN
Helpfulness of summaries
MAKE A WISH (verse 12)
Whatever you wish?
Any way we imagine?
Michael Jackson Ideology
Law and prophets
Another summary Matthew 22:34-40
THE KING'S HIGHWAY (Verses 13, 14)
Enter The narrow gate
A wide way to destruction
To the kingdom
Acts 14:21-23; Matthew 22:1-14
- Read John 10:7-11 What do you think Jesus means by saying that he came to give us “abundant life”? How does he contrast himself with “the thief”?
- How do the promises of trials and difficulties fit with the abundant life Jesus promised? Review Acts 14:19-23 and the teaching of 2 Timothy 3:10-17 together. How can difficulties and tribulation BE part of the abundant life?
- Do you find yourself with the Golden Rule on your heart and mind when considering how to respond to people? How could memorizing Matthew 7:12 help?
- Read Matthew 7:12 carefully. Is our treatment of others not dependent on what they actually do to us or not?
- How would your responses to others change by obeying the Golden Rule? What relationships need its application today?
- As we prepare for the final stretch of the King’s speech think through how the day to day is affected by heeding Jesus’ warnings in Matthew chapter 7.