September 17, 2017
What Discipleship is (and is not)
Barriers to Discipleship
Discipleship group questions
- If this is your first time gathering as a Discipleship Group, consider beginning your time together by sharing stories of how you came to trust Jesus. If you’re not a follower of Jesus, share how you came to be a part of this church/Discipleship Group.
- Read Ephesians 4:11-16 aloud together. What stands out to you in the text in terms of helping define the “goal” of your time together in Discipleship Group?
- On Sunday, we defined discipleship as the process by which we come more like Jesus, which is to say more “truly human.” Do you find that definition helpful? Discuss.
- What’s one area in which you could more fully follow the pattern/example of the life of Jesus? Help each other creatively think through this question. Be as specific as possible.
- Which of the barriers to discipleship did you most identify with (lack of time, value, or equipping)? How might you address/break these barriers to encounter Jesus together this semester? Be honest about your concerns and specific in determining how you might address them moving forward.
- End your time by praying that God would break the barriers you’ve just discussed and allow this D Group to be a source of growth for each of you this semester.