The New School and Jesus
The Old School Revisited
Chuck Taylor Nation
Riding the Wave
- Creation of Time
- Anticipation Time
- Fullness of Time
- Show Time - Cradle, Cross, Crown
- Kingdom Time
The New Testament
Canon of Scripture
The Gospel in the Gospels
What is gospel literature?
Synoptic Gospels and John
Fourfold Gospel Witness
Matthew—Jesus our Covenant King
Old School Glory
The Great King’s Commission
Mark—Jesus as suffering Servant
Fast Paced and Kingdom Focused
Passion—Salvation Through the Suffering Servant
Luke—Jesus as spirit filled Savior
The Holy Spirit
John—Believe! Jesus the saving and Live giving God
Identity of Jesus
New Life Giving Jesus
Conclusion and Commmunion
Community Meditation Questions
- Many people have opinions about the identity and message of Jesus of Nazareth. Why do you think this is? Why are some opinions about Jesus more informed than others?
- Discuss the importance of the four canonical gospels to our understanding of Jesus Christ? What makes these particular writings central to our understanding of Jesus?
- How does having four complementary, but different accounts of Jesus’s life benefit God’s church?
- If you have time together, read the Jacob’s Well booklet, “An Introduction to the New Testament” and discuss the “Synoptic Problem”
- Read the book of Acts this week