Joy - Joy To The World
Topic: Topical Scripture: Luke 2:8–2:10
Joy is not natural...it is unusual and surprising
JOY - Joy to the world
* In the beginning was Watts
* Joy to the World
Great Joy for All the People
* The Lord is Come
* Let Earth Receive Her King
* No More Sins and Sorrows
Psalm 98:7-9; Revelation 22:1-5
Peace with God, being loved by God and having hope arise from faith in God leads us into an inexpressible joy...
Strength and Joy
Growing In Knowledge
* Read together Romans 12:9-21 and work on the following questions together.
– How do you respond to others when they seem to be very joyful and you are just bummed out?
– If someone is struggling with deep sadness, how can you serve them? What is NOT helpful in these times?
Feeling Life Deeply
* How does joy express itself through your personality? Is it loud? Quiet and peaceful?
* Share a time when you sensed “the joy of the Lord” being your strength?
Living With Courage
* Read the story of the ancient revival in Nehemiah 8:1-12. Why were the people so broken? What were they reminded of that day? Discuss why joy must arise out of seeking God and not simply seeking joy.