Our Flow In Joy
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 3:6–3:13
Introduction & Review
Rabid Individualism vs. Life in Community
Our Flow in Joy (1 Thess 3:6-13)
Life from Community (Verses 6-8)
The Myth of “Disinterested” Love (Verse 9)
Iron Sharpens Iron (Verse 10, 11)
Holiness and Love (Verses 12, 13)
Shoulder to Shoulder (Verse 13)
Growing in Knowledge
- Read Hebrews 12:1-2. Does the fact that Jesus was motivated by joy in any way change your understanding of what he did? Why or why not? What might that mean for us, as we seek to walk as His people?
- What do you think Paul means in 1 Thess 3:8 when he says, “For now we live, if you are standing fast in the Lord”?
Feeling Life Deeply
- In what ways can the faith of others encourage our own pursuit of God? Give examples from your own life.
- Have you ever felt immense joy because of the impact your service has had on others? Share stories of how joy can follow sacrifice.
Living with Courage
- Take an honest look at your love for others. In whose lives are you most invested? Who might God be calling you to pursue, even at the expense of your own comfort? Share this with your family, friends, and/or MC.
- What are your closest friendships based upon? How might you pursue the deepening of those relationships? What would it look like to increasingly put Christ at the center of your relationships?