Our Flow in Love
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 4:9–4:12
What is brotherly love? (1 Thessalonians 4:9-11)
Continually growing love
Why do we love?(1 Thessalonians 4:12)
To be independent
To create a desirable community
To be imitators of Christ
How does this become our flow?(1 Thessalonians 4:9)
Through God’s Teaching
Community Meditation Questions
Growing in Knowledge
- How does Paul’s instruction on brotherly love relate to his exhortation in verse 1?
- Read Jeremiah 31:33-34. How does this help you understand Paul’s teaching on love?
Feeling Life Deeply
- What things keep you from loving the people around you, in your Missional Community, at Jacob’s Well, in the ”big C” Church as Paul instructs us to love them? Busyness? Selfishness? Avoiding difficulty?
- Imagine and discuss what life in Central Jersey would be like if we were to live as Paul describes in verses 11-12.
Living with Courage
- What are some ways you can be more loving to the people around you? Ask God to teach you how to become that person.
- What steps can you take this week to depend more on the Holy Spirit? To love others? Why do we need change in the heart rather than simple changes in behavior?