Wealth and Greed
Topic: Biblical Scripture: Proverbs 1:8–1:19
From Worship to Walking
Work, Wealth, Wickedness
WISDOM in our WALKING is WORSHIP with the INSTRUMENT of our lives
THE GREED GAME
Our Greedy Hearts
Principle #1 - We must understand “rich” and “poor” properly
Proverbs 6:6-11, Luke 6:20, Luke 12:20-21
Principle #2 - Greed is based in covetousness and false worship
Matthew 6:24, Colossians 3:5
WEALTH AND GREED—THE WISDOM OF GOD
Greed Takes Your Life (Proverbs 1:19)
Greed Troubles Your Own Household (Proverbs 15:27)
Greed Stirs up Drama (Proverbs 28:25)
THE TRUE RICHES OF JESUS
- Read Colossians 3:1-17. How is greed part of the old life of sin that needs to be put to rest by the Spirit?
- Read the parable of the rich young man in Mark 10:17-31 and then 1 Timothy 4:1-10. What dangers does money play in the soul of a follower of Jesus?
- How much money should a Christian wish to make? Is there too much? Too little? Dumb Question?
- Should we care what “lifestyle” other followers of Jesus choose? What about pastors? Should Christians be rich? Broke?
- How can John Wesley’s quote help us? When a man becomes a Christian, he becomes industrious, trustworthy and prosperous. Now, if that man when he gets all he can and saves all he can, does not give all he can, I have more hope for Judas Iscariot than for that man!
- If we really desire to get a raise are you worshipping money? Why or why not? How can we know if we are greedy or not?
- How can repentance of greed “reorient” and “reorganize” your life? Check out Exhibit Z in Luke 19:1-10.