Integration - Faithfulness in the City
Topic: Topical Scripture: 2 Corinthians 5:11–5:21
Captured (vs.14) – By the Gospel of Grace
Changed (vs.15-19) – From Self-Centered to Christ-Centered
Called (vs.20-21) – To be Ambassadors of hope
- Who makes up the “city” that God has called you to reach? Think family, friends, neighbors, work-place, kids school, activities & sports. (see Acts 1:8)
- Spend time marinating in 2 Cor. 5:11-21 individually and with your MC this week. How do you summarize Paul’s “big idea” from this passage?
- When & how were you “captured by the gospel of grace?” Spend some time thinking about how different your family, work, life would be if you’d never encountered the Savior.
- We who are trusting in Jesus are new creations (see 2 Cor. 5:17) but we are also still “works in progress.” What area/thought/value/belief is the H.S. currently putting his finger on in your life in order to see you become more like Christ? What trusted friend can you share this with for prayer and accountability?
- Did you know that you are an ambassador for Christ? Pray about who the Lord might want you to share your story with this week (neighbor, co-worker, etc.)
- If you are part of an MC here at Jacob’s Well at your next gathering discuss with each other what it would look like for you (corporately) to be “faithful in the city.” Make sure that these ideas make it to your MCMF and become matters of prayer each time you gather.