Disciple: Late Departures
Topic: Exposition Scripture: 1 Timothy 4:1–4:5
THE PROBLEM: DEPARTURE IS INEVITABLE (4:1-3)
THE POINT: THE GOSPEL IS FREEDOM
- What do you think Paul means when he says some will depart the faith?
- Read John 8:31-38 and Romans 6:5-11. What does the freedom we have in Christ mean for our desires and pleasures?
- Does the teaching that people will leave the faith feel comforted, scared or something else? Why?
- Do you know anyone who has walked away from Jesus? If so, how did that make you feel? If not, how do you think it would make you feel?
- Do you tend toward legalism or denying yourself? If so, why?
- In what ways can you or your MC demonstrate the new life and freedom you have in Christ in the communities around us.
- Where do you see your greatest need for changing the way you view God and how will that change the way you live?
- How does the freedom you have in Christ change the way you view others who are suffering and struggling in this world?