September 4, 2016
GOD IS GOOD
BUT IS HE WORTH IT
NOW I REMEMBER
- Read Revelation 21 (specifically verses 1-5 with an eye toward verse 3) and compare it to Psalm 89:38 and following. What do these passages tell us about God's presence and its importance? (look at Leviticus 26:12 also).
- Read 1 Peter 5:10. What does this verse tell us about how we should suffer?
- Have you ever felt like Psalm 89? Explain. What sort of things were happening in your life that you might attribute those feelings to?
- Have you ever felt like Psalm 73:2-16 (jealous of the wicked)? What were the circumstances of your life at that time? Who or what were you jealous of? What were you lacking that caused you to be jealous?
- Based on what we discussed this morning, how might you combat these sorts of feelings and frustrations?
- Where in your life are you holding onto comfort tighter than God? Confess and think through how you can put that to death.
- Psalm 73 ends with the psalmist crying out that "it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge that I may tell of all your works". How might the presence of God coincide with our mission to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ and live in a manner that reflects his mercy, justice, love and compassion in our communities and cities (see Acts 1:8)?
other sermons in this series