Thoughtfully Engaged: Out of Many, One
Thoughtfully Engaged: Out of many, One
Jesus’ Agenda – The Kingdom of God
Why is Unity Important?
Living This Out – Principles and Posture
Living This Out – Action Steps
Discipleship Guide & Reflection Questions
- Reading this week: Luke 19 and 20
- Questions for Reflection/Discussion:
- Discuss Jesus’ cryptic response in 20:25. What is he saying and why do you think it caused his audience to marvel?
- Consider the parable of the ten minas (19:11-27). How do you interpret the statement in v. 26? In what ways does this story challenge your own image of God?
- The main point of the Triumphal Entry is that the crowds misunderstood something about Jesus and would quickly turn against Him as a result. What do you think they got wrong about Jesus and where do you see that same tendency in yourself?
- Discuss how you’re progressing in the three challenges regarding our pursuit of missional hospitality: 1) inviting two people into your home that you’ve never hosted before 2) practicing the “Always Rule” of introducing yourself to and engaging neighbors, co-workers, etc. 3) Having a hospitable posture at our Sunday gatherings. Which is most difficult for you and why?
other sermons in this series
Passage: Luke 1:26– :56 Series: Faithful to the Core - 2019