Kurios...Walking with the King
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Colossians 2:1–2:7
The INDICATIVE and The IMPERATIVE
What Comes First in Life?
Continued Worthy Toil (v1-2)
Treasures in Jesus (v3)
Pastor Paul (v4-5)
The Hinge of Colossians (v6)
- The ancient confession
On Tradition—The Good, the Bad and the Stupid
- On Walking
A Wonderful Mixing of Metaphors (v7)
- From Agriculture
- From Construction
- From Greco-Roman Legal
- From Abundance
Community Meditation Questions
- Do you tend to think of yourself more in terms of an identity (who you are) or in terms of your most recent successes or failures (what you do)?
- The apostle Paul says that he “struggled” or “agonized” for the believers in Colossae and Laodicea. If prayer is the battle—how do we need to be on our knees for others? Who are we struggling for?
- Paul uses the phrases “riches” and “treasures” in this passage. Where do you find your treasure? How can we know who/what is first in our hearts and lives?
- Why are deep gospel roots and firm foundations so important when life’s storms and deceptions come at us? How can we deepen these roots and build upon a good foundation? Share some practical stuff.
- Close by reading the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:24-27. Encourage your crew to read all of Matthew 5-7 this week.
- Read Colossians 2:8-15 for next week
More in Subversion - Colossians
April 10, 2011Gospel, Community, Mission
April 3, 2011Live it Together - Marriage, Family and Labor in the Gospel
March 27, 2011Put it On