Gospel, Community, Mission
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Colossians 4:2–4:18
Final Trip Through Colossians
New Team, New Mission
Real People Real Faith
New King, New Team, New Unis/Kicks, New Game?
Prayerful, Watchful, Thankful (verse 2)
Open Doors, Declaration, Clarity (verses 3, 4)
Two Ways to Obscure
- Punking Out
- Being a Punk
Mission Wisepossible (verses 5, 6)
- Seasoning Salt
- Answering Each
Community Meditation Questions
- We discussed in the sermon why “list of names” in the Bible are important. Recount this together?
- If you were making a list of your closest and most faithful peeps, who makes the list? Why?
- How can we become more of a gospel centered community on mission? Which is strong for us: 1) Knowing and Experiencing the Gospel? 2) Living a new sort of life together? 3) Faithfully living out Jesus’ Mission? Where can we grow?
- How is prayer described in Colossians 4:2? Paul connects prayer to gospel proclamation and mission? Why is this so important?
- Discuss the two ways mentioned that we can “obscure” the gospel and not make it clear. Which do you struggle with the most?
- Think about answering this question for our Body Life Sunday on April 17. How have you observed God using the teaching of Colossians in your life?
More in Subversion - Colossians
April 3, 2011Live it Together - Marriage, Family and Labor in the Gospel
March 27, 2011Put it On
March 20, 2011Kill It