Home Team Leadership: Parents and Children
Topic: Topical Scripture: Psalm 127
Introduction & Review
Children Are a GIFT from God
Gift not Promise
A Word to the Longing
The ORDER of Parent/Child Relationship
Parents are Idiots?
Kids Gone Wild?
God’s Ordering and Design
Exodus 20:12, Deuteronomy 6:4-8, Proverbs 1:8, 9
Provide for your Children
Protect your Children
Growing in Knowledge
- How are the mandates from Genesis 1 to “be fruitful and multiply” and “fill the earth, have dominion” related to children and families? How does this shape the purpose for our families?
- Make a list of various God ordained authorities in our lives? (Read Romans 13 and Hebrews 13). How does the family prepare people to follow well later in life? Why is it important for kids to learn to be under authority?
Feeling Life Deeply
- What are some of the unique struggles of those who desire to be married, those who are longing for children and friends raising kids as single parents? How can we serve each other well as we travel through various life circumstances?
Living with Courage
- The family is the primary institution for shaping the next generation. Agree or Disagree? Why? What other forces shape kids today? Do these feel more dominant to you?
- If parents are not on point in shaping kids in early childhood, other parties will happily take over leading them. Why is it important to thoughtfully engage the call to parenting rather than merely drifting along? What keeps us from engaging with our kids at a heart level?