August 9, 2015 Speaker: Dean Macke Series: Judges: Partial Victories & the Faithfulness of God
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Judges 18
APPEARANCE ISN’T EVERYTHING
ATTAINMENT DOESN'T MEAN APPROVAL
IT’S NOT WHAT YOU HAVE, BUT WHO HAS YOU
THE CONSEQUENCE OF COMPROMISE
- Looking at the three main characters in the story, the Danites, the Priest and Micah, in what ways did they sin against God?
- What does Micah’s statement in verse 24 reveal about his heart and relationship with God.?
- What “idols” do you struggle with that if they were to be taken away would leave you like Micah?
- What compromises do you find yourself making in your daily life in relation to God’s calling for you? At work? In your family? With your friends? In school?
- In what ways do you feel that you need to watch your feelings and belief to avoid compromising your own sin?
- How do our compromises and idols effect the way we relate with others around us? Christians? Non-Christians?
- In what ways can we look like the people of God in our communities?